Sunday, November 16, 2008

Barbara's Newborn Twins

I was so excited to get a call from Barbara. She had seen my work in Olive and Bean Boutique and needed a photographer to take pictures of her newborn identical twin girls. It was all I could do to contain my giddyness! Identical twins - NEWBORNS! I couldn't wait for the session.

When I got to her house, I was introduced to the Princess of the Universe who already lived there. She has AMAZING eyes and fabulous hair! She and I played a little bit before it was time to meet the babies.
And the babies were just so stinking cute and sweet! They were not sleepy at all, so we decided to roll with it. Awake babies are fun, and two is definitely twice the reward!

These twins were super special because they shared an amniotic sac - so the entire time they were growing in mommy they were touching each other. It was pretty clear they were comfortable being in each other's arms.
This is the way mom holds her babies. I just love this - and how she can look and talk to both at the same time!
And this was Dad's idea! Ha! We posed the girls on the pool table with their awesome bar in the background. I love the marrying of two worlds that this photo shows!
And of course, I had to try the "babies in the bowl" look. They are just so preciously cute and tiny... I love that in the years to come the family will get out this platter and remember how little their babies were.

Thank you so much, Barbara, for allowing me the opportunity to photograph your family! I can't wait for you to see the rest of your gallery.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Wow... they have some gorgeous hair on thwir little heads! Beautiful shots, Jessie!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I can't wait to meet them! Those are awesome photos, Barbara looks gorgeous :-) Love the bare bottom one too!

Alina Anderson

http://www.oliveandbeanboutique.com

Amanda C. said...

Holy cow! What sweet little tiny boo boos! They grow so fast. You're so lucky you get to capture those moments for a living! How fun!
-Amanda LaVoy Cheek