Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I am a Semi-Finalist!



Recently I applied for a grant at Idea Cafe, a website for small business owners, and I am excited that I am a Semi-Finalist! The grant is for $1000 and, if I receive it, will be used to begin a fund for a special community service project I have been working on called "Images of Hope," featuring photos of healthy children and adults who spent the first weeks of their life in the NICU. My vision is to have these photos enlarged and displayed in or around the NICU, and by providing these image displays as success stories, parents facing the reality of a child in the NICU can visualize a future as a family outside the hospital walls. Here is one of my Images of Hope - the little one I chose as the namesake for my program:



With or without the grant, I will be diligently working on getting my campaign to move forward and become a reality. If you would like more information, if you have a child that has graduated from the NICU and would like to be considered for possible inclusion in the program, or if you would like to be involved, please contact Jessie at 219.8166 or via email.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, we hope you win! What you are doing is so awesome, we really hope you get the grant chica!! Love, The Gueits Fam.

Unknown said...

You are so cool. Good luck and I hope you win!!!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through Melanie's, and I'm glad I did, because this is a fantastic project. It's very close to my and my wife's hearts - two of our good friends spent six long weeks in the NICU while their little girl, Stella, had multiple heart surgeries. Make sure to post an update when we can vote for you in the final round!